Tuesday, November 17, 2015
New Ford SYNC Connect Technology: Owners Can Lock, Unlock, Start, Locate Vehicle Using Smartphone
• Building on SYNC®, Ford adds connected vehicle capability with new SYNC Connect, enabling drivers to access their vehicles using a smartphone app
• New Escape is the first Ford vehicle in the world with available SYNC Connect, helping owners interact with their vehicle from anywhere; technology debuts in the spring, allowing users to unlock doors, check fuel level, even locate where a vehicle is parked
• SYNC Connect comes with complimentary five years of service
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 17, 2015 – With SYNC® Connect, Ford is enhancing its connected car capability – now making it easier for customers to use by providing remote access to their vehicle features via a smartphone app.
“New SYNC Connect provides convenience to Ford owners through an easy-to-use app,” said Don Butler, executive director, Ford Connected Vehicle and Services. “The technology helps you seamlessly integrate your vehicle into your lifestyle. Get locked out? Cold outside? Forget where you parked? No problem. Just use your smartphone.”
SYNC Connect makes its global debut in the spring in the new Ford Escape, with other vehicles to follow. The app is connected to a built-in modem in the vehicle – allowing owners to remotely access features via their smartphones.
Vehicle features SYNC Connect users can remotely access are:
• Lock and unlock
• Remote start, including scheduling a future start: You need to leave at 8 a.m., so you program a remote start for 7:50 a.m., then get in to a running, warm car and drive away comfortably and on time
• Vehicle status, including fuel, oil and battery levels, along with tire pressure readings
• Vehicle location – where your car is parked is displayed on a map
Owners enable SYNC Connect through a two-step authentication process to protect personal information, confirming setup on the vehicle touch screen and on the mobile application.
SYNC Connect plays a key role in Ford Smart Mobility – Ford’s plan to deliver the next level in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience and big data. The technology provides the next step forward in enhanced vehicle connectivity, and the foundation for greater capabilities in the future.
SYNC Connect comes with complimentary service from Ford for five years.
Now in 12 million vehicles globally, Ford SYNC is the industry’s first system to widely and most affordably offer voice-activated technology to control smartphones. New-generation SYNC 3 features fast performance, conversational voice recognition, smartphone-like touch screen, and easy-to-understand graphical interface for a growing number of Ford vehicles in North America.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 197,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.